Monday, October 6, 2008

Sore in the Mouth

That's been my status for the past two days. It makes people giggle.

I've got a pair of wisdom teeth busting through, a cold sore, and swollen gums, in addition to what I feel pretty sure is a cavity. I spit more blood than toothpaste now. I'm eating soft things today. Making a dentist appointment soon.

I've also been extraordinarily thirsty thus far today. Weird.

*jump*

In good work news, one of the books I edited received an outstanding review in the Irish Times. Over the course of working on this book, the author and I have become really good friends. We did have a fight, where he called and said some pretty mean things, which I took, calmly. He called back later and apologized, and then took me to dinner at a fancy Indian restaurant. We've been there a couple times, and had AMAZING baby lamb chops. Which, okay, I feel a little guilty for eating. But they're so so tasty.

In addition, this particular book is also going to be reviewed in...wait for it...the New York Times Book Review! That's a big deal, man.

More later...at work, and distracted.

No comments: