Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sloping

Friday was a little bit dark and rainy, so post-work I hosted a GRATED gathering at my place. All group activities are referred to by the initials of those that partake.

We finished off most of the homebrew, so my brewpartner and I have plans to start batches 5 and 6 this week. We're doing an Ultimate Pale Ale and a German Mai Bock.

Yesterday, the weather perked up again, so I spent time with my new favorite couple wandering around the wonders of Brooklyn. We walked through Williamsburg to Taco Chulo, a long time delivery favorite of AK and myself. The house margaritas are a little pricey ($7) for the size, but the chorizo nachos are worth every penny.

From there, we continued our walk until we reached the Bedford stop and had to that crazy thing that is the bane of every Brooklynite's existence: in order to reach another neighborhood in Brooklyn, we're forced to take the train into Manhattan, and then back out into Brooklyn. Come on, MTA! Don't waste time and money on another Manhattan line, give us some more inter-Brooklyn travel.

When we reached Park Slope, I made a beeline for our first destination. Bierkraft. When I was done squealing like a little girl, I got down to business. Here's what I ended up with:
Well's Banana Bread Beer
Haymaker Honey Wheat (ouch. Looks like I should have checked the forums before purchasing)
Smuttynose Hanami Ale

Dogfish Head Midas Touch
Lakefront Organic E.S.B.
Kelpie Seaweed Ale

Four regular sized bottles, two oversized, for the easy price of $22 and change. I'll definitely be back to take advantage of the Growler situation they've got going on. It's always fun to bring fresh tap beer to parties or. You know. Home for dinner.

Our little trio continued our walk, hitting up Ozzie's coffee shop, where T picked up a tiny tiny coffee, and I picked up a free book that's pretty awful. The Abstract. And don't believe that Amazon review. From what I can tell, it's full of shit.

I've much more to say, which I will do tonight, but right now, I'm getting an evil look from my Texan, who's ready for lunch and Shiner bock.

No comments: